Bob Berman's strange universe: Seven holiday secrets
December 2005: If someone you love hints for a telescope, break the news to them about these hidden realities of backyard astronomy.
December 1, 2005
|My phone rings a lot in December. The voices are those of friendly strangers wanting advice about buying a telescope for a geeky loved one. |
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Astronomy magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you will
need to regsiter for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on Astronomy.com!
- Access our interactive Atlas of the Stars
- Get full access to StarDome PLUS
- Columnist articles
- Search and view our equipment review archive
- Receive full access to our Ask Astro answers
- BONUS web extras not included in the magazine
- Much more!