Bob Berman's Strange Universe: Starry Night
January 2011: An inky black sky speckled with tiny lights evokes an ancient, ineffable response.
November 19, 2010
|Dots. Pinpoints. White specks on a dark background. That’s the starry heavens to the naked eye. It’s not Paris. So why does it thrill us?|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Astronomy magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you will
need to regsiter for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on Astronomy.com!
- Access our interactive Atlas of the Stars
- Get full access to StarDome PLUS
- Columnist articles
- Search and view our equipment review archive
- Receive full access to our Ask Astro answers
- BONUS web extras not included in the magazine
- Much more!