Podcast: Night-sky targets for June 19-26, 2009
This week, Ptolemy's Cluster (M7) makes a great object for beginning observers, and globular cluster M14 and the galaxy UGC 10822 provide nice targets for telescope owners.
June 18, 2009
|Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.|
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for June 19-26, 2009
Naked eye: Ptolemy's Cluster
Small telescope: Globular cluster M14
8-inch or larger telescope: Galaxy UGC 10822
The weekly podcast is available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please create an account below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?