Observing podcast: Corona Australis, the Castaway Cluster, and the Red Spider Nebula
August 26-September 2, 2010: Corona Australis makes a nice target for beginning observers, while the Castaway Cluster and the Red Spider Nebula provide nice targets for telescope owners.
August 26, 2010
|Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.|
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for August 26-September 2, 2010
Naked eye: Corona Australis
Small telescope: Castaway Cluster
8-inch or larger telescope: Red Spider Nebula
The weekly podcast and complete transcript are available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please create an account below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?