July 23, 2012
|Comet Halley will return to the inner solar system in 2061. We probably won't have to wait half a century to see another bright comet. Unfortunately, astronomers can't tell us when the next great one will appear.|
Astronomy magazine subscribers can read the full answer for free. Just make sure you're registered with the website.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Astronomy magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you will
need to regsiter for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on Astronomy.com!
- Access our interactive Atlas of the Stars
- Get full access to StarDome PLUS
- Columnist articles
- Search and view our equipment review archive
- Receive full access to our Ask Astro answers
- BONUS web extras not included in the magazine
- Much more!