X-treme stars you can see
Find the hottest, coolest, largest, and farthest stars visible to the naked eye.
February 22, 2006
|In "X-treme stars of the cosmos," we took you on a tour of some the galaxy's biggest, hottest, and most distant stars. But you don't need a space telescope to see stellar extremes; you just have to know where to look.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Astronomy magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you will
need to regsiter for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on Astronomy.com!
- Access our interactive Atlas of the Stars
- Get full access to StarDome PLUS
- Columnist articles
- Search and view our equipment review archive
- Receive full access to our Ask Astro answers
- BONUS web extras not included in the magazine
- Much more!