magazine and Astronomy.com accept color or black-and-white digital images for publication.
Submit digital images via email as TIFF or JPG files to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also send TIFF or JPG files on a CD to us at:
|Photo editor, Astronomy|
21027 Crossroads Circle
Waukesha, WI 53187-1612
Include with each image:
- photographer's name, mailing and email addresses, and phone number
- date, time, and location the image was taken
- camera and telescope used
- megapixel size of camera
- telescope or lens aperture and focal ratio
- film, ISO setting, exposure time(s), and filters used
Include image data in email body or as a separate read.me file.
The photos we accept will be filed for possible future use. Unfortunately, photos and disks cannot be returned. Photos submitted for Astronomy
magazine also will be considered for website use. By submitting your images to Astronomy
, you grant continuous rights for our usage of images on the Internet, in Astronomy
magazine, and in promotional materials.
Although the photo may remain in our files for future use, you maintain mutual usage rights unless we make other mutually agreeable arrangements.